1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

YJaM - An attempt at Neo Classical soloing LoL!

Discussion in 'Original Songs' started by Axe2Grind, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Axe2Grind

Axe2Grind Beginner Guitarist

Hi Guys,

I've recently been rediscovering the Neo Classical genre and of course listening to Yngwie and a few other neo shredders and thought it would be a laugh having a go even though I've never really studied this style. YouTube has some nifty Neo backing tracks and found this one which was very cool (Shame I can't play over it - lol!) Anyways, here's an attempt at some Neo soloing shred with not a sweeped arpeggio in sight (cause I can't do them) For anyone who likes Neo Classical, sorry! :)

Sounds best Kranked, the backing is real heavy! I've called this YJaM, you see what I've done there ;)

Justin.

Attached Files:

• YJaM.mp3
      Members only can Listen to this Audio.
      File size:
      3.9 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  2. FreakOfNature

FreakOfNature Member

Holy h3ll man. Some REALLY sic playing on this. I'm so Jelly! NICE WORK!

Axe2Grind likes this.
  3. Lvo57

Lvo57 Premium Member

Epic!

Axe2Grind likes this.
  4. Supercharged 350

Supercharged 350 Premium Member

That was killer. Loved your tone. Had harmonics jumping out all over the place. I remember my Yngwie phase years back. I'm glad I went thru it as it cleaned my playing up a lot. I still have a ton of classical influence in my playing for it. Cheers brother, that was awesome!

Axe2Grind likes this.
  5. Axe2Grind

Hey Guys, Thanks very much for listening and comments, I know the Neo stuff is not that popular these days so really appreciate you all taking the time to listening and comment :) I peeled back some of the OD on my tone which made things sound a lot clearer so will be sticking like this for leads now. Yeah, this neo classical stuff is a challenge to keep your picking clean, I chucked some tapping in there as well to get a different feel and not all picking. No sweeping unfortunately, I can do basic sweeps but its just not part of my style, always an afterthought lol.

Cheers Bro's really appreciate it :)

6. jimbop

jimbop Fat barsturd!

super stuff me ol mate!
    had a right sweet 'neo' tone there too. ive tried to learn basic once.....sweeping..up was ok ish...down was nearly a 999 job. I reckon you would conquer it without a doubt with a bit more practice.

Axe2Grind likes this.
  7. Axe2Grind

Cheers Jimbo! The sweeping thing doesn't come that naturally to me but a lot of this neo stuff incorporates the b'astard also I can never link up licks with sweeping. I'm not too fussed about it though, if I had to do big arps, I would maybe tap or string skip which is a bit more achievable. Havent got much in the way of classical inspired licks but if I tackle a Yngwie cover tune then maybe I'll study up :) Thanks for listening and comments Bro :)

8. Ender

Ender Aspiring Underwear Model

Excellent playing Axe!

Axe2Grind likes this.
  9. Axe2Grind

Hey Eric, thanks very much Bro :)

10. djayart

djayart 3.0

Excellent performance WAO

Axe2Grind likes this.
  11. Axe2Grind

Thx DJ for listening, really appreciate it

12. USF70

USF70 Member

hey ... amazing solo man and amazing song in general ! absolutely LOVE it ! love your technique and your ideas ... very technical and melodic at the same time ... wrtiting this comment and listening to it one more time :)
    jsut GREAT! you rock \m/

Axe2Grind likes this.
  13. Axe2Grind

Cheers Bro! Really appreciate the comments and you taking the time to listen, Many thanks :)

USF70 likes this.