1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

Turbo Lover-Priest w/ Vox

Discussion in 'Cover Songs' started by Moosefball77, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Moosefball77

Moosefball77 Member

Gave it another shot. Used Drum loops here and played/sang everything from scratch. Love this song. For some reason the time code stops short of 3 mins but its actually over 5 mins long. Feedback please! Be honest. :)

2. rob_on_guitar

rob_on_guitar Premium Member

I liked the music, everything is super sweet, Id drop the vocals though, the rest is at such a high standard the vocals arent up there with the rest. But the mix is very interesting, I like all the levels on everything, even though the actual singing isnt my cuppa, the mix is awesome!

3. Moosefball77

Moosefball77 Member

Thanks I just started singing ....thinking of doing Danzig's "mother. May fit my timber better. Lol

4. Celteire

Celteire Moderator

Hey Moose...

Nice work here m8!

The track, i think, is well crafted. Guitars sound great!!

As for the vocals well... personally i thought they might've been a bit wobbly at the start but as you got into your stride they got much stronger. I thought they weren't bad at all!!

I wouldn't shelve this one just yet. You say you've just started singing so come back to it when your voice is stronger and belt that f%cker right out!!

5. 7thSon

7thSon Premium Member

Time to get her done and posted up. :cool:

6. rob_on_guitar

rob_on_guitar Premium Member

Yea man, its a good song, would love to hear it :cheers:

7. gump

gump Super Moderator

Great track Moose!! Classic tune and great job on this working from scratch!!
    :cheers:

8. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lead Kazoo-ist... Wax Paper and Comb Maestro... in

Long Island (and we're not all hamptonites)
    This is a favorite of mine from Priest. Thought the music was really well done, never thought I'd hear it covered by someone and it would be my first choice of theirs to cover. I think there are parts of the vocal that might be more on target than others, but it's all a great effort. The tempo might not be in your favor here or the attack of the production? It seems almost a split slower. An already stretched vocal line of the original, has to hang maybe even a hair longer. It's tough to maintain that exact zone he's got throughout each line. I think the effect on his original vocal sort of made it all work too. I'm not sure the effect made him sound better pitch wise, but I imagine he used it to aid in landing just right with the overall track. Production wise, I think that track was sort of a perfect storm, and might not have been as good had it been polished differently. There's definitely some pre-delay's catching up with each other to get that timing to all sit spot on. Great choice!

9. macman

macman Premium Member

Musically it is excellent, great guitar tones etc. I can hear your voice fitting Danzig very well.
    I am not sure why the pace is not quite there on this cover, must be the approach you take on vocals?
    I need to think on it a little more, but pace wise this is very different to original.

Good effort all through on this though, keep it up.

10. djayart

djayart 3.0

Hi Moose.
    First, good choice to make a cover of Turbo. Not easy to cover it.
    I known what i'm talking, i started to make a cover of this song with Jim 7thSon two maybe three year ago (damn).
    Flanger fx, end of the lead guitars on the solo are not easy to replicate.
    I think your version need crucially more BPM. Too much slowly imo.