1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

"Time Trap" - original prog rock

Discussion in 'Original Songs' started by napoleonboot, Jun 10, 2014.

1. napoleonboot

napoleonboot Slightly Weird

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  2. Celteire

Celteire Moderator

First listen .... amazing!

Need to listen a few more times to take it all in.

Be back soon .....

3. napoleonboot

Thanks - there are some great musicians on this. I have worked with them all before, except the drummer, who is top notch.

4. napoleonboot

I just updated the mix, it wasn't quite final.

I am singing in tenor range for this, I couldn't have done that a couple of years ago, this whole song would have been too high for me (especially the harmony vocals). My singing technique has definitely changed.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  5. Bluesplayer

Bluesplayer Member

Very Prog . Reminded me of early Marillion . Nice arrangement . like the drum mix in particular . Aye , very nice stuff mate !!!

6. Axe2Grind

Axe2Grind Beginner Guitarist

A real smasher of a prog song George. Your lead vocals on this are superb and with all the backing and harmonies, just brilliant. The musicians on this are superb, the drummer adds a ton of energy and the guitar is very good indeed. Great keys work, loads of EP, Organ and synths on this, just like the prog tunes of old. I hear some more modern dream theatre vibe in this tune as well. Stella song, thanks for posting!

7. napoleonboot

Justin, yes they are a good crew, I have 2 more in the pipeline with he same guys.

8. Stereophony

Stereophony Super Moderator

Very excellent George! As said the performances from all those involved really shine on this song. An original aswell. I was humming along trying to keep in the vocal range you were in and failed miserably. Really well done mate!! Those harmonies were excellent aswell as your lead vocal.

9. napoleonboot

Thanks - my vocal range has got wider int he last couple of years with some vocal coaching and through doing a couple of online courses (Kevin Richard's "Breaking The Chains", and Robert Lunte's "The Four Pillars of Singing").

10. Chris Beaver

Chris Beaver Premium Member

Nice one George, really like this track :)

11. Ender

Ender Aspiring Underwear Model

Wow excellent! Real drums too! And topped off with your classy vox. Harkens back to lots of classic prog but without being derivative. Class work!