1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

The BIG collab for Terry Thread

Discussion in 'Collab Corner' started by Stereophony, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Stereophony

Stereophony Super Moderator

The BT has landed!! The drums, keys and bass are full on and in! Not giving anything away but over the weekend all the guitarists will get their modified mp3s. As we are doing the full album version i will send the new timings to you all just incase i missed anyone. Its the same parts just starting and finishing at different points.:cheers:

2. macman

macman Premium Member

"Most important point of all *Your wav should be no louder than -5 db peak"

If possible can we get a bit more info on this, so we deliver wav files to this specification, any tips would be great.

3. djayart

djayart 3.0

Hi Mark, you can use a limiter and set it to -5db. Voila :)

4. Chris Beaver

Chris Beaver Premium Member

It simply means make sure your file is no louder at any point than -5 db. The best way is keep your track and master fader at 0 db and record your input at below -5 The reason I've asked for this is most times I've done a collab ive had to ask at some point for some files to be redone because of clipping or limiting artifacts. Clipping is easy to hear but limiting artifacts usually pass people by and most don't hear it but its there and cant be removed after. Recording at up to -5 peak is plenty loud enough for no noise floor issues whilst making sure there's no chance of clipping :) That said if your file is louder in places dont worry about it as long as it goes no where near -1 db without the use of a post fader limiter but is has to be recorded this way and not done by lowering the fader on playback

5. rob_on_guitar

rob_on_guitar Premium Member

Oh crap... sorry I didn't see the -5 thing, apologies if it goes louder, I'm sure a limiter of some sort can edit my recording.

6. djayart

djayart 3.0

Just a question about the delay please :
    No time yet to record my part.
    Is is ok if i send it in 4/5 days?
    Thanks
    PS: The BT sound great. Nice work around it

7. Stereophony

Stereophony Super Moderator

Rob your part is in the mix and the editing has sorted it, no need to worry.

Djay, there are a lot of parts to come in and then be mixed so no worries, take your time bro.

8. rob_on_guitar

For me this is really exciting, not only as a participant in a tribute to a great person, but also to play on something I had to learn in a few days (didnt 'have to' but didnt want to keep peeps waiting either lol) and play outside my comfort zone, the coordination and participation of a song of this magnitude will be freakin killer!

Just saying.

9. AnathemaBlack

AnathemaBlack Back From The Dead

Okay, so my first day off was spent running around on the public transit system thanks to my car being down, so I'll dedicate some time when I can to learning my parts. I know there isn't a HUGE rush, but I want to get these in before my ADHD kicks in and I venture off elsewhere.

Just know that this project is first and foremost in my mind.

10. Chris Beaver

Not intending to rush anyone here but can you give me an ETA via pm on when your parts will land plz ? as very little has landed thus far. :awesome:

11. AnathemaBlack

Messages sent to you and Andy, Chris. :cheers:

12. napoleonboot

napoleonboot Slightly Weird

Chris

I'd like to get a mix with rhythm guitar on it for me to track vox to. Just ping me when the time comes!

George

13. macman

macman Premium Member

I hope to have my pieces recorded approx 1 week from now. So, i am realistically shooting for 1st June submission.

I am making good progress I hope to submit in next couple days!!

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  14. Chris Beaver

I've had a few pm's and some of you don't want to start the guitars until the vox are in place and the vocalist wants the guitars in place before tracking. I hope you can appreciate that this leaves me in a bit of an impossible situation here. The provided backer should be easy for everyone to track anything to as long as people stick with how the original sounds in terms of notes/ timing . This is why I included the original file with my drums over it as well as providing a backer so once you have those 2 files are lined up in your daw you have an easy reference of what your doing and if its right or not by checking it with the original at the touch of a button.

If your take is smack on with the original it will work great. if its not smack on the chances are it wont work and you may be asked to do it again if it causes problems down the line.

At this point i have to say that all the files that are needed to track this very easily for everyone have already been sent out and I wont do any more variations of the backer because im in a situation where I cant please everyone. Hope this doesn't come across as moody and that you can understand the situation :awesome:

15. Ender

Ender Aspiring Underwear Model

16. rob_on_guitar

Any more updates broskis?

17. AnathemaBlack

I'm just waiting on Chris to send me the midi of the tempo map. :cheers:

18. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lead Kazoo-ist... Wax Paper and Comb Maestro... in

Long Island (and we're not all hamptonites)
    I'm sorry, was the midi not in the .rar file? I can't tell at the moment, it was downloaded to my laptop which is being repaired (hopefully back tonight or tomorrow). If it's not, I'd need to get a copy too, my DAW doesn't accept the .smt file.

19. djayart

djayart 3.0

What DAW are you using?
    I can send to you the Reaper project if you use it :)

20. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lead Kazoo-ist... Wax Paper and Comb Maestro... in

Long Island (and we're not all hamptonites)
    Thanks djayart, but I used PreSonus' Studio One 2.