1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

Temple Of Science (prog rock)

Discussion in 'Original Songs' started by napoleonboot, Feb 21, 2016.

1. napoleonboot

napoleonboot Slightly Weird

A new song from my online (prog-rock) band, "The Time Trappers".

I do vocals on this (not guitar). The guitar was ably played by long-time music collaborator Billy Playle.

It is the 7th of a series of songs we have working on over the last year or so. This is the first since our drummer sadly passed away, so we programmed the drums.

George

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Crossbow, Lvo57 and HammerHead like this.
  2. HammerHead

HammerHead Premium Member

Fantastic and refreshing. Has just the right amount of retro vibe and talent that is very refreshing. Sorry to hear about your drummer. I'm sure he would have been pleased with your efforts to emulate his spirit. Nice job!

napoleonboot likes this.
  3. napoleonboot

Hammerhead - Many thanks for your feedback.

4. Plankton

Plankton Resident Hack

Very sorry to hear of the passing of your friend, George. This is really well done. You all do some fantastic work.

napoleonboot likes this.
  5. Carlos Lore

Carlos Lore Member

Really cool song George! Cheers
    I like that is very a dynamic song full of feeling.

napoleonboot likes this.
  6. Axe2Grind

Axe2Grind Beginner Guitarist

Great song George! real proggie with loads of twists and turn. Great musicianship all round and your vocal on this is superb! Very sad news about your drummer, he'll be proud of this one :)

napoleonboot likes this.
  7. Ender

Ender Aspiring Underwear Model

Brilliant will listen more at work today and comment further

napoleonboot likes this.
  8. jimbop

jimbop Fat barsturd!

ooh this is very proggie...never know whats coming next :)
    shame about the drummer but that's life mate. whos on keys? programmed too?
    talented guitarist, thought his tone was a bit 'toppy' but he obviously likes it so fuck you jimbo! lol
    George, you can sing and play guitar...you can play guitar very well...but fuck me...your a vocalist mate! did you write the lyrics? who wrote the music?
    very good compo mate...more info please.

napoleonboot likes this.
  9. Ender

Ender Aspiring Underwear Model

Very nice, loved your vocal. I think by default, any song in which the first word is "Science" legally has to be labled prog rock. Excellent work gents. Great mix, wonderful jelling of parts considering this is a cyber collab. The guitar player sounds really good. Is this part of a suite? I ask because the ending is a little abrupt.

napoleonboot likes this.
  10. napoleonboot

jimbop - I have been playing guitar for 35 years, and only singing seriously for about 7, but you are right I am probably a vocalist. I didn't used to be a vocalist in my teens, although I tried, but I work hard at doing it well since I started again in my 40's. I thought it would just be easy when I was younger. I get more work as a vocalist, there aren't many people collaborating online doing vocals well.

Two of the guys on this track, the bassist (Andy Gupta) and the guitarist/keyboardist (Billy Playle) I have been working with for about 10 years, but I've never met them in person. This is one of 7 tracks we have done for a mini-album of prog rock. In terms of composing, Billy did probably 70% on each song, and Andy 20% and me 10%. My main contribution is the vocal melody. The lyrics are written by the bands lyricist Bob Wood, with odd edits by me. Bob is based in USA, Andy in Canada, and me and Billy in UK. The drummer (Mark Cole - who passed away recently) on our other tracks was based in USA, and was a pro drummer doing some boring music for living - this was his hobby.

Eric - thanks for your kinds words. It is the one song on an album of 7, but the abrupt ending is just that, nothing special! if you ever need vocals for one of your own prog pieces just drop me a line.

Although this song I posted (Temple Of Science) is 100% prog, I believe that it's scientifically possible to be even more prog than 100% (!). Here is a link to something I (vocals) did with Billy Playle (all music) three years ago. Don't listen if you are feeling depressed. I would rate this as maybe 110% prog.