1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

Planktons Odyssey - Eye Of The Storm

Discussion in 'Original Songs' started by Plankton, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Plankton

Plankton Resident Hack

Going through some painful wrist rehab, this was a few one takes (rhythm, then bass, and lead) using a drum track I grabbed from YooToob. A bit of post production on the leads is about it, save for some bass compression (which was just a bit hot in the mix).

My apologies if I haven't been listening/commenting on others tunes lately. I always enjoy the music here, but haven't had much time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  2. rob_on_guitar

rob_on_guitar Premium Member

With a title like that I had to listen. On this forum I tend to hang out on the originals forum so got excited when I saw it, then I heard it!

Man you are nailing some heavy guitar lines in there! I like around the 1:24 mark where the bass has a nice little push, then around the 1:42 mark has a change in vibe.

As you might know Ive had 6 months of painful arm/wrist ops and recovery which to me has only improved my playing as I am careful about how extreme Ill go. So cool to hear it hasnt stop you at all, sounds like you just woke up and decided to dominate everything!

3. Celteire

Celteire Moderator

Some mean heavy stuff going on here P!

Rhythm is strong and tight...Solos are mad, frantic and also very tight!

Love the bass finish..

So this is you with a bad wrist huh? .... LOL

Awesome!

4. Plankton

Plankton Resident Hack

Thanks Rob!
    I've read about what happened to you, and then heard some of your new stuff, and was blown away. That was truly inspiring, and really helped me to 'get over' the fact that right now I can't just be where I was before my accident. I'm really tired of being in pain all the time, and this song was my outlet for the anger at myself for not being more careful, so the bolded part of your quote is both funny, and true. Love it.

:cheers:

Thanks Cel! My wrist kinda swole up after playing that, and I can hear the weakness in the bends (which are the most painful), but yeah... it's a thing. I appreciate you giving her a spin!

5. Stereophony

Stereophony Super Moderator

Plank! Was this a case of ' i dont care about my arm, im gonna play through it and play whatever the hell i want?' Great stuff, drivin rhythm guitar riffs! Loved the layering 1.40 had that little tinkering line with a Celtic sounding guitar over the top, sounded ace. Lots of goodies like that combined with the cool bass line. Also so fiery leads that would stretch the healthiest of wrists! Way to go, super track!!

6. 7thSon

7thSon Premium Member

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  7. Plankton

Plankton Resident Hack

Thanks! And yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. I paid for it for a few days though. I've been doing a slow build up lately since I learned my lesson.

:D

I thought the same, but more of a Mr Scary type thing. Never heard that tune. Nice! Thanks!