1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

Lord of the Flies - Iron Maiden cover

Discussion in 'Cover Songs' started by 7thSon, Jul 12, 2015.

1. 7thSon

7thSon Premium Member

Macman & I are back with another Maiden cover from their 1995 album The X Factor.

This song was inspired by William Golding's haunting book of the same name.

Mark handled all guitars and production on this one whilst I did the vocals.

I would like to thank Mark for all his hard work and making this cover a possibility. It is from one of my favorite Iron Maiden albums which showcased Blaze Bayley on vocals.

Hope Mark does not mind me saying this, but some of his best melodic playing to date in the solo @3:27 if you want to fast forward to it. Biggrin

Attached Files:

ironraven, Axe2Grind, macman and 2 others like this.
  2. Lvo57

Lvo57 Premium Member

Kick-ass boys music sounds great and Jim, your vocals are one of your best!

macman, Supercharged 350 and 7thSon like this.
  3. 7thSon

7thSon Premium Member

Thank you Louie!! Rock Out

4. Supercharged 350

Supercharged 350 Premium Member

Haven't heard this one in a while. Sounded great guys!

7thSon and macman like this.
  5. macman

macman Premium Member

Thanks to Louie and Supercharged for listening. This cover was a good one to do and a great fit for Jim's voice.

To make the BT, I took a guitar pro midi file and did many edits to fix the inaccuracies. I also had to change the tempo in places to give it a bit more realism. I used the following on this project:

Addictive drums 2
    Bass guitar was an instrument in Logic Pro X applied to the bass midi.
    Various Slate digital plugins on each track
    T-Racks for mastering

If anyone can play real bass on this I would love to send you our project to replace the midi bass.

7thSon likes this.
  6. Axe2Grind

Axe2Grind Beginner Guitarist

Really good cover Mark and Jim, great work on the BT Mark and superb work on all the guitars, lovely tones! Jim, your voice is great match for maiden stuff. Really enjoyed this Boys! Top work....

macman and 7thSon like this.
  7. gump

gump Super Moderator

One of your best vox covers IMHO Jim!!! Cracking job mate!! Mark, fanfkntastic jobs on the guitar and backing track!! Standup job gents!

8. Stereophony

Stereophony Super Moderator

Really enjoyed from start to finish! Take a bow guys! Haven't heard this track before. Great vocals, great guitar work and production. All round superb job gents.

9. 7thSon

7thSon Premium Member

SC350, Justin, Gump,& Andy, thanks gentlemen! BiggrinCheers

As Mark said above, if anyone wants to try to tackle Harris' Bass Line on this, please contact Mark or I. And that invitation includes Steve Harris if he sees this. LmaoCheers

macman likes this.
  10. djayart

djayart 3.0

I'm with the guys here. Jim it's one of your best vox cover. I Really appreciate to listen this cover. Mark you done a great Job with the backing track and splendid work on the guitars.
    > Mark -> have you stopping working with SSD4 ? I remember using Addictive too on our Maiden cover (when the eagles dare) maybe Addictive fiting the best for maiden stuff.
    Anyway congrats guys

11. macman

macman Premium Member

Hi Djayart

Yes, I still have SSD4 and I tried SSD4 on this but for me I just found that Addictive Drums 2 fit this better. I had got it at Christmas and finally got to try it out on this.

Mark

7thSon and djayart like this.