1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

Flight Of Icarus Lvo57 & 7th Son

Discussion in 'Cover Songs' started by Lvo57, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Lvo57

Lvo57 Premium Member

Iron Maiden's Flight of Icarus, I put the tack together specifically with 7th Son in mind to do the vocals and Jim was good enough to lend his vocal talents to the project. I found some master bass and drum tracks from the song on the web and I played all the guitar bits. The leads are far from note for note as I don't have those kind of chops, so I tried to stay in the "vein of " as they say.:cheers:

Thanks Jim you sang your ass off!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  2. 7thSon

7thSon Premium Member

Oh yeah, mighty fine work here Louie, and thanks for having me as a guest on the track.:awesome::cheers:

3. macman

macman Premium Member

Great work on this guys, always a fave song of mine :awesome::cheers:

4. AirborneDusty

AirborneDusty Member

Superb job lads. Louie what did you use, your tone is great. Nice work on the solos too. Jim you gave it large.

5. 7thSon

7thSon Premium Member

Thanks Mark! :)
    Here's link to the version you & I did a few years ago in case some of the new folks didn't get a chance to hear it:

http://www.guitarchaos.com/oldvb/showthread.php?t=1833&highlight=icarus

Thank you Tony. :awesome:

6. rob_on_guitar

rob_on_guitar Premium Member

Cool as track! Well done lads!

7. Lvo57

Lvo57 Premium Member

Tony, All te guitar tracks, two rhythm and a lead, are played through a PODHD (the desktop bean model) each is are different setting tweaked for the song.
    Thanks to all for the listen and comments.