1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

Ender-She Walks ALone

Discussion in 'Original Songs' started by Ender, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Ender

Ender Aspiring Underwear Model

This is another tune with singer Dana Freebairn. It has a long history with us as although this recording is brand new, we originally did a demo of this song back in '94. We had a strong interest from Sony A&R who basically wined and dined us for a few months based on this tune and a few others. The both of us had really good jobs (we both still do the same things we did back then to this day and Dana even works at the same firm) and were disenchanted with music business as both of us had been in LA sunset strip bands for years and of course the music industry completely changed. We both knew people in debt to labels for hundreds of thousands at that point. So we didn't put together the showcases they were asking us to as getting in debt due to an advance didn't really thrill us. We were dumb and should have gone for it though ;)

Lyrics:

She walks alone at night with her Big Bad Doggy
    B0N3d4DdY's looking out his window thank God it's foggy

Living all alone
    Sweating hand clutched on the phone
    It's getting late
    Not much time before your date
    The scent of your skin
    My pyscho patience wearing thin

Sometimes I seem to get strange
    I feel your heart pounding through my veins
    Stuffing crackers down my throat
    It's hard to breath when you're closer than it seems

Saw you on YouTube
    Imagine you sitting in my room
    So thoughtful of you
    Your precious face my canvas soon
    No one else to blame
    This empty life will never be the same

Sometimes I pace around my cell
    Like a piranha chasing it's tail
    I never scrape off more than I can chew
    Will I ever get my hands on you

Love is so strange

Please tell me everything's fine
    I'm going out of my mind
    Completely out of my mind
    Without you

Love is so strange

Crossbow, gump, HammerHead and 2 others like this.
  2. napoleonboot

napoleonboot Slightly Weird

As always Eric that was super!

I love the variety and whackiness of the vocals lines.

All very commecial sounding, I not surprised that you were courted by Sony.

Many thanks for sharing.

George

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    Ender likes this.
  3. Ender

Ender Aspiring Underwear Model

Thanks George, yeah it was a really interesting time. We finally got what we wanted then realized we didn't want it. But we had a few good (well at least Sony thought) tunes from the era we'll probably ressurrect at least another.

4. HammerHead

HammerHead Premium Member

I've got to know how you got your lead tone. Sounds like
    stereo mod but controlled and pleasant. Great tune!

Ender likes this.
  5. Bluesplayer

Bluesplayer Member

I dunno how you dial up this monster tone . Sounds like your playing a 100hp Chainsaw !!! , Scary solos as usual , i dont know where the hell your going just it makes perfect sense , its just mental . Very Van Halen ish in feel with some ,, i dunno its crazy different . Said it a million times Eric , your the biggest thing that never happened if you get me drift . Stunning .

Ender likes this.
  6. gump

gump Super Moderator

This is really cool Eric!

What similar bands did you relate yourselves with at the time? I hate to classify cuz, ya know, everyone wants to be original, which this is. Considering everything was grunge at that time (1994), this fits inline with maybe Extreme and Ugly Kid Joe? Those were a couple of the bands that were able to compete (were relevant) at the time if I recollect right. This is such a fkn good rock n roll tune! Awesome to hear you pumping out these tunes!!

Not to be a homer, but you were living the dream we all had AND at the THE stomping grounds where shit happened! Not too mention since I was such a metal head back in the day, your stories and tunes are part of the history of our era...Similar to the Decline of Western Civilization documentary. Which I really I enjoy hearing about and reading; ala Motley's The Dirt etc.

Cheers mate!

:cheers: