1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

Driving Home

Discussion in 'Original Songs' started by rob_on_guitar, Feb 20, 2015.

1. rob_on_guitar

rob_on_guitar Premium Member

Ok, so I thought I'd take a break from doing heavy stuff for a day and get the mellow out of the system. This is what I did yesterday..... a little track I call 'Driving Home'. I had the melody while driving home from the hospital with my new born son. I think the melody is from a nursery rhyme or something, but robified it.

Woo!

Attached Files:

• Driving Home.mp3
      Members only can Listen to this Audio.
      File size:
      4.4 MB
      Views:
    Lvo57 and Crossbow like this.
  2. Secrets of Steel

Secrets of Steel Super Moderator

Hey Rob,

First off congrats on the new born mate you must be very proudAwsomeIs this your first child?

The track is outstanding my friend!! Very melodic and so tuneful you really have pulled out all the stops here. The main melody theme is pure gold and akin to Tony McAlpines tears of Sahara. Everything is played beautifully too flawless technique and bygod did you cut loose on the main solo. Fierce runs and some very nice whammy bar flutters. Amazing stuff Rob.Awsome

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    rob_on_guitar likes this.
  3. rob_on_guitar

rob_on_guitar Premium Member

Thanks man! Thanks for the positive words, I appreciate it. This new kid is my first boy, I have 3 girls before him. 9, 7, 1 and the lad. Glad you liked it man!

Secrets of Steel likes this.
  4. Crossbow

Crossbow Administrator

Hey Rob, Congrats on the new born.. That will keep ya busy for sure. Great tune ya done here...

5. Plankton

Plankton Resident Hack

It's funny where inspiration will strike. Great tune Rob, and I did hear the lullaby influence in there. Just a hint of it.

Congratulations on the new baby boy too!

6. gump

gump Super Moderator

Congrats on the newborn Rob!! Got yourself a handful of little ones! lol

What an inspirational and melodic song, while it has just about every little guitar trick thrown in in a super tasteful way!!

Twofold grand slam, first with the new addition and this masterpiece of a tune!!

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  7. Stereophony

Stereophony Super Moderator

Congratulations on the birth of your son Rob!!Awsome

What better way to announce the arrival than writing a song for him. Its the 1st original instrumental ive listened to in a while and this track is just superb! As the lads have said, really great main melody line and I loved the harmony lines you did, it added great texture and depth. Real controlled playing throughout and then an excellent main solo. Bass line sat real nice in the mix and drove this along. Super track mate!! CheersCheers

8. Tweekerpated

Tweekerpated Administrator

WOW!!!!
    This is AWESOME bro! Awsome
    Love the harmony guitars. Fantastic production here man! Cool
    Big congrats on the boy for sure! I know you are proud!!! CheersCheersCheers

9. KingsBlade

KingsBlade Premium Member

Nice, congrats on your son's birth!

I wish I could detach myself from this massive list of song covers stuck in my head and try do some original stuff because I think I might enjoy doing them.

This is very inspiring! Really awesome melodies with great performance and mixing skills! Beer

10. Axe2Grind

Axe2Grind Beginner Guitarist

Very well done on your little Lad Rob! And what a way to celebrate with this great tune. Loved the whole structure with the leads and harmonies. Great stuff :)