1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

Danger Danger - Beat The Bullet Cover

Discussion in 'Cover Songs' started by Axe2Grind, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Axe2Grind

Axe2Grind Beginner Guitarist

Hi Guys,

I've been tinkering with my cover of Danger Danger's Beat The Bullet which for me was there best song and thought I'd post it up again! I recorded all the tracks but also sung all the vocals (oh FFS! I hear you say) I'm not a vocalist at all but tweaking some effects on the vocal and overall mix, it sounds ok.
    It was my second attempt at vocals and my last lol but I think the instrumentation worked out well and followed the original with Andy Timmons on guitar fairly ok.

Cheers,

Justin.

Attached Files:

7thSon and HammerHead like this.
  2. Lvo57

Lvo57 Premium Member

Excellent work.Cheers

Axe2Grind likes this.
  3. macman

macman Premium Member

Really awesome cover here Justin. Great guitar tones, your vocals work great on this. Such a great song and a nice cover here.

Axe2Grind likes this.
  4. Axe2Grind

Cheers Mark and Louie, Really appreciate you both listening and comments :)
    I came across another version of this tune on sound cloud, the guy who made it was from Brazil and his vocal was superb, I did ask him if he still had the vocal track but unfortunately he didn't, I think that would have made it a whole lot better as my vocal I think is a little weak but I was possibly singing it too high lol.

5. jimbop

jimbop Fat barsturd!

stunning guitar work matey, and that sounded a not too easy vocal line to follow so don't shoot yourself over that!
    I reckon you could sing a bit of def lepeord too :)

Axe2Grind likes this.
  6. Axe2Grind

Hey Jimbo, thanks very much for listening and comments mate, well I think the vocal was little too high for me on this tune, I knocked it down about 3 semitones using riffstation and was a lot more in my range. I always like singing a long to Def Leppard but if you were to mute Joe's voice leaving just my voice you'll probably find I sound like a git! lol There is stuff out there I can sing ok but its more like coldplay, delamitri type stuff and not so much the rockier stuff we like :)

7. gump

gump Super Moderator

dayum Justin., This is just an absolutely stellar cover. You have some most excellent vocals, don't stop bro!! Keep the covers coming!!! And anyone that can cover the master Timmons on the geetar gets an A++++ in my book!!! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Axe2Grind likes this.
  8. Axe2Grind

Hey Gumpster,

Thanks very much Bro! For players like Andy Timmons he is such a master player and always a challenge to cover what they do but tried to get close to his solo on this and his rhythm work so glad you liked it and appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment (which goes for all!) :)

gump likes this.
  9. HammerHead

HammerHead Premium Member

I've never heard the original but this tune is fantastic and the vocals fit perfectly. Very impressive. Thanks for posting.

Axe2Grind likes this.
  10. Axe2Grind

Hey Hammer, Thanks very much for listening and comments Bro! You can listen to the original tune below:

Its a great track when a decent singer is singing it lol!

11. 7thSon

7thSon Premium Member

Beautiful acoustic guitar and all around great job Justin!

Axe2Grind likes this.
  12. Axe2Grind

Hey Jim, thanks very much Bro, really appreciate it :)

13. Stereophony

Stereophony Super Moderator

Awesome!!! All round superb cover Justin!! ( Sorry its taken so long to get to listen). Guitar work is just ace mate!! Its a track i know ive heard but don't know it too well. Your main vocals are really good on this. Did you record the harmony bits aswell?

Axe2Grind likes this.
  14. Axe2Grind

Hey Andy, thanks mate for listening and taking the time to comment, really appreciate it! I did sing the harmonies as well, all in the name of experimentation as I had never recorded vocal harmonies before. the two tracks I've sung on unfortunately are not in my vocal comfort zone so was straining all the way lol but if ever I do a cover with vox again, I'll ensure its one I can sing without busting something :) To be honest, I would never have sung on this, I just didn't want to let the instrumentation I spent doing go to waste.

Cheers again Bro.

15. eamon7

eamon7 spent member

first off you nailed Andy Timmons. that's an impressive feat in itself. you even nailed the tone. vibrato was spot on. wow dude. now i thought the vocals were great. you did fine on them and i challenge anyone to do better. that song is pretty high and is hard to sing without straining or falsetto for most guys. the way you were apologizing for them i was expecting you to sing them an octave lower and that would not be acceptable. love this song, danger danger, and your take on it

16. Axe2Grind

Hey Kenny, thanks so much Bro! Andy Timmons is such a fantastic player, a massive influence of mine so flattered by your comments. Well I felt I was straining on the vocal, it always seems a lot easier when you're singing a long to the original lol. All I can say is I gave it a good go and saved the backing from going to waste. Really happy that you liked it, cheers Kenny.