1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

Burning the days

Discussion in 'Original Songs' started by Slammer Studios, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Slammer Studios

Slammer Studios Product of the 80's

This is a new one. I have been playing like a mad man. I'm sorry I haven't been around, but I have been staying off the computer and playing the guitar more.

Let me know what you guys think.

2. Tweekerpated

Tweekerpated Administrator

Yeah!!!

Awesome playing and dynamics bro!!! :awesome:
    The mix in my ears is spot on!!! :)
    5***** From me!!! :cheers:

TW:eek:

3. Slammer Studios

That's a big thanks to Danzi for helping me learn to mix. Thanks man for listening.

4. 3sire3

3sire3 El Kabong

I believe this one is ready for EA Games "Need for Speed"....Very nice Slam!!!

5. DavidFord

DavidFord Member

OM-F'n-G!!! WOw!!! Im in awe!!! Now Slam, I have a question for ya,,,,those drums I hear, are they real or electronic? I have electronic drums (2 dif kinds too LOL) if I could make sound more real, Id be off to creating my own backtracks etc. Again,,,awesome job!!! :)

6. Slammer Studios

I'm so glad someone noticed!!! I got Superior Drummer 2.0 for Christmas this year, and this was my first tune with it. I used the "Drumkit From Hell" Expansion. Pretty wicked real sounding drums aren't they?

Thanks for checking this out man!!!

7. gump

gump Super Moderator

You've got quite the repertoire in your bag of tricks Slammer! Always a treat to listen to your tunes, it's like a box of chocolates!

Some interesting stuff going on in here, especially the breakdown. I like the harmonies a lot, but there were some really cool basslines that stuck out as highlights as well!!

:cheers:

8. Kelly Mitchell

Kelly Mitchell Member

Very impressive! Has a "concept" vibe going. Like a Yes or Rush feel. Drums are great, as is your playing!

9. Stereophony

Stereophony Super Moderator

Love that bass on the intro ( and throughout the track) and the intro guitar riff!! Super fluid lead lines too!! Really cool twist when the strings came in, then Spanishesq section! All flowed superbly and sounded great.
    As mentioned the drums were ace and the mix was CRYSTAL! Brilliant Slammer! :cheers:
    I think ( and its only my personal thoughts), if you expanded each section then you would have a a great epic journey style composition on your hands. Yes it would probably be a whole load of work and end up about 8-10 mins long but if you have listened to some of Chris Beavers 'Magical Adventure' album some of the tracks are long but keep you engrossed.

I can hear this keeping me engrossed for 8 mins easy!!!:awesome:

10. rob_on_guitar

rob_on_guitar Premium Member

Heh! This is cool.!

11. Secrets of Steel

Secrets of Steel Super Moderator

Hailz Slammer.

This was a great listen Slammer. I too hear the Yes styled Rabin era influence with some of the harmony guitars. The basslines throught also remind me Chris Squire's wizardry so good job there too. The way this track twists and turns is fantastic from the heavy rock to the classical theme with the strings the clever clean guitar duette. The drums sound great too i always did like the DFH ezx pack, well everything bar the snare that always found it was a bit papery and thin. Good stuff here Slammer really enjoyed this one.

P.s I dont know if you noticed but there about a minuite of dead space after the track finishes, ya might wanna clip that bit off.:awesome:

12. Celteire

Celteire Moderator

Very impressive! I love how the track changes as it progresses...always wondering what the hell will he do next!....cool!...

13. Diggemsmack

Diggemsmack Guest

This is pretty sick. Great composition. :awesome:

14. Plankton

Plankton Resident Hack

Really wish I could hear this. I'm getting the dreaded infinite buffering again...

15. Dinkledorf

Dinkledorf Moderator

Superb riffing! Love the twists and turns you put into this. Great job!!!

16. Bearman007

Bearman007 Premium Member

That was sick!! Nice composition and riffing Slammer!

Bear

17. Plankton

Plankton Resident Hack

Tried again today, and it worked... holy moly thats some good playin!

18. DavidFord

DavidFord Member

Yes, the drums sound amazing!!! Now do you play it yourself? I mean,,,,if I asked you to play a drum track for a certain song, would you be able to do it, or is it programed? Does sound awesome!!

19. Slammer Studios

You can do both. There are pre programed grooves, and you can play it yourself, and build it like any virtual instrument. I am not ready for that just yet, so you got the grooves, (which there are 1000's of). If you go that route, there are endless combinations, and tempos, and variations to go with. It is the coolest software I have.

20. 7thSon

7thSon Premium Member

Bass line kinda Megadeth-ish, then guitars like music for a Matrix movie, keyboards reminded me of Ave Maria, quite a mix. Thanks for posting.